Today we will look at the list of the most interesting and unusual holidays and festivals in the world. In this collection were very interested in holidays, which you can see below. Look!
1. Competition in the highlands of Scotland. Party games, dressed in a traditional Scottish kilt, will compete in the hammer throw, in the contest which is held in Glenfinnan. Traditional Scottish games consist of competitions, dances, food and drinks to relax from everyday work. (Jin Richardson).
2. Beltane Fire Festival, Scotland. “The Celts” with bare torsos raise the torches during the Festival of Beltane fire near Carlton hill in Edinburgh. These annual festivities are a modern revival of the ancient Celtic celebration of the arrival of summer. (Jim Richardson).
3. Holiday naked men. Hadaka Matsuri (literally, the feast of naked men) in Okayama, Japan, is a traditional festival which has been celebrated for 1200 years. Picture was taken in winter, the temperature is about 9 degrees. Men dive into the icy water, passing the rite of purification. (Paul Whitton / My Shot).
4. Vegetarian festival, Thailand. Believers temple at Bang Neow, participate in the parade of vegetarian festival on Phuket island in Thailand, stick a weapon in itself, in protest. Chinese immigrants gave rise to this Continue reading
Festival of author’s song of a name of Valery Grushin Late spring in Chelyabinsk calendar of arts was awarded three sounded quite bright and large-scale festivals — is the regional festival “Theatre spring”, which summarized the results of two creative seasons 12 theaters in the area, “Theatrical experiences-98” is held for the fifth time “Dummy” international laboratory of experimental theatre, and star kaleidoscope-98″ — the second international festival of children’s music. In June, the festival stage will be replaced literally open for all meadows and fields. Two well-known festival go on summer space, inviting in your circle now folk artists, Amateur artists, performers of art song — Ilmen and Bazhov.
“Will swing the dome of the sky. ”
– for the 25th time this year Ilmensky festival turns 25 years old. The predictions that the previous (officially the 21st, there were three underground) will be the last, thank God, not destined to come true. With great difficulty, to Express discontent and nominating severe conditions (after all, again, more than 10 thousand (!) people will have three Continue reading
III international festival of hunters and fishermen was held in Yalta from 24 to 26 September. On festival there have arrived representatives of the hunting societies of the United States, Poland, Bulgaria, Hungary, Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. In Kamchatka celebrated the ancient holiday of the indigenous inhabitants of the Peninsula – the Itelmens. This thanksgiving indigenous people of Kamchatka for the generous gifts and awarded local nature
From 24 to 26 September in Yalta hosted the III international festival of hunters and fishermen. The ceremony was attended by Deputy mayor of Yalta Elena Yurchenko and representatives of the hunting societies of the United States, Poland, Bulgaria, Hungary, Russia, Belarus and Ukraine.
The opening of the festival began with a solemn procession participants along the seafront of Yalta, where each team was able to provide uniform, flags, decals, and emblems of their clubs. Then a festive procession situated on Lenin square, where he held the official opening of the festival.
Congratulating the participants and guests of the festival, Vice-mayor Elena Yurchenko said that Yalta happy to host hunters and fishermen from all over Continue reading