Today we will look at the list of the most interesting and unusual holidays and festivals in the world. In this collection were very interested in holidays, which you can see below. Look!
1. Competition in the highlands of Scotland. Party games, dressed in a traditional Scottish kilt, will compete in the hammer throw, in the contest which is held in Glenfinnan. Traditional Scottish games consist of competitions, dances, food and drinks to relax from everyday work. (Jin Richardson).
2. Beltane Fire Festival, Scotland. “The Celts” with bare torsos raise the torches during the Festival of Beltane fire near Carlton hill in Edinburgh. These annual festivities are a modern revival of the ancient Celtic celebration of the arrival of summer. (Jim Richardson).
3. Holiday naked men. Hadaka Matsuri (literally, the feast of naked men) in Okayama, Japan, is a traditional festival which has been celebrated for 1200 years. Picture was taken in winter, the temperature is about 9 degrees. Men dive into the icy water, passing the rite of purification. (Paul Whitton / My Shot).
4. Vegetarian festival, Thailand. Believers temple at Bang Neow, participate in the parade of vegetarian festival on Phuket island in Thailand, stick a weapon in itself, in protest. Chinese immigrants gave rise to this Continue reading
Festival of author’s song of a name of Valery Grushin Late spring in Chelyabinsk calendar of arts was awarded three sounded quite bright and large-scale festivals — is the regional festival “Theatre spring”, which summarized the results of two creative seasons 12 theaters in the area, “Theatrical experiences-98” is held for the fifth time “Dummy” international laboratory of experimental theatre, and star kaleidoscope-98″ — the second international festival of children’s music. In June, the festival stage will be replaced literally open for all meadows and fields. Two well-known festival go on summer space, inviting in your circle now folk artists, Amateur artists, performers of art song — Ilmen and Bazhov.
“Will swing the dome of the sky. ”
– for the 25th time this year Ilmensky festival turns 25 years old. The predictions that the previous (officially the 21st, there were three underground) will be the last, thank God, not destined to come true. With great difficulty, to Express discontent and nominating severe conditions (after all, again, more than 10 thousand (!) people will have three Continue reading
Once a year in some parts of the world come special days – bright, magical, and slightly crazy carnivals. Some, such as Brazilian carnival or the Spanish running of the bulls is well known to all; but you could never hear. And if you like “to party”, we bring to your attention the most inimitable and large-scale festivals from around the world.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
February 28 – March 4
Like Mardi Gras in New Orleans and the Carnival in Venice, Carnival in Rio de Janeiro – it’s a party in non-stop mode, only in the Brazilian style, which is a seemingly endless parade of Samba and colorful costumes.
Oktoberfest – Munich, Germany
The second half of September to the first weekend in October
Despite the fact that there are different, smaller-scale counterparts of this festival around the world, Munich’s traditional event is the largest beer festival in the world. In 2013, beer was sold for more than $96,178,668.
Festival of snow and ice – Harbin, China
5 January – 5 February
Harbin international festival is the largest event of snow and ice in the world, where you can see a snow sculpture, height 3 meters, and building life-size, made of giant ice blocks.