Today we will look at the list of the most interesting and unusual holidays and festivals in the world. In this collection were very interested in holidays, which you can see below. Look!
1. Competition in the highlands of Scotland. Party games, dressed in a traditional Scottish kilt, will compete in the hammer throw, in the contest which is held in Glenfinnan. Traditional Scottish games consist of competitions, dances, food and drinks to relax from everyday work. (Jin Richardson).
2. Beltane Fire Festival, Scotland. “The Celts” with bare torsos raise the torches during the Festival of Beltane fire near Carlton hill in Edinburgh. These annual festivities are a modern revival of the ancient Celtic celebration of the arrival of summer. (Jim Richardson).
3. Holiday naked men. Hadaka Matsuri (literally, the feast of naked men) in Okayama, Japan, is a traditional festival which has been celebrated for 1200 years. Picture was taken in winter, the temperature is about 9 degrees. Men dive into the icy water, passing the rite of purification. (Paul Whitton / My Shot).
4. Vegetarian festival, Thailand. Believers temple at Bang Neow, participate in the parade of vegetarian festival on Phuket island in Thailand, stick a weapon in itself, in protest. Chinese immigrants gave rise to this Continue reading
On 21 June of the lunar calendar is marked as the Day of summer solstice. An older name for this holiday is: a Celebration of the summer solstice.
In the pagan culture of our ancestors this holiday had its own traditions and methods of celebrating. They are very interesting and unique. In the pagan calendar of the Slavs this holiday was dedicated to the sun God – the Yarila. To prepare for the morning. Girls wore their best clothes, and adorned themselves with herbs and flowers. Herbs was given the value of the amulets from the dark and evil forces. The most popular were wormwood, St. John’s wort, nettle. They were fastened at the waist.
The guys were busy with another case. They were looking suitable for the size of the tree. It could be birch, willow, chernoklena. Then set it not the place where planned holding of festivals. The girls decorated the tree with scraps of fabric and colors. Called this tree is madder or Midsummer. At the foot of the tree set the image Yarila. They served the doll, the growth in half person. Its made of straw, clay and twigs.
Around Continue reading
Large stadiums, representing a beautiful architectural solution is a person, the national pride of the country and not only the venue of the sporting event. I represent to your attention the most ambitious, original, expensive and beautiful stadiums around the world.
Top 5 most expensive stadiums in the world
1. The most expensive stadium in the world recognized as MetLife Stadium . located in new Jersey, USA. The construction of the stadium, opened in April 2010, was spent 1.6 billion dollars. Recently in the annual ranking of the highest-grossing stadiums in the world, the MetLife stadium became the highest grossing in the U.S. and third worldwide. For the construction of MetLife Stadium in equal shares allocated money clubs “new York Giants” and “new York jets”, are available for home matches. The color of the interior light depends on which teams are playing. Also MetLife stadium, which can accommodate 82566 viewers is the most capacious in the NFL. At MetLife Stadium hosts international football matches and concerts.
2. The construction of Wembley stadium . also known as the New Wembley and located in London, at a cost of $ 1.5 billion. It was built on the site of the old Wembley stadium in 2007. Wembley ranks first in terms of capacity in the UK and second in Europe Continue reading