Today we will look at the list of the most interesting and unusual holidays and festivals in the world. In this collection were very interested in holidays, which you can see below. Look!
1. Competition in the highlands of Scotland. Party games, dressed in a traditional Scottish kilt, will compete in the hammer throw, in the contest which is held in Glenfinnan. Traditional Scottish games consist of competitions, dances, food and drinks to relax from everyday work. (Jin Richardson).
2. Beltane Fire Festival, Scotland. “The Celts” with bare torsos raise the torches during the Festival of Beltane fire near Carlton hill in Edinburgh. These annual festivities are a modern revival of the ancient Celtic celebration of the arrival of summer. (Jim Richardson).
3. Holiday naked men. Hadaka Matsuri (literally, the feast of naked men) in Okayama, Japan, is a traditional festival which has been celebrated for 1200 years. Picture was taken in winter, the temperature is about 9 degrees. Men dive into the icy water, passing the rite of purification. (Paul Whitton / My Shot).
4. Vegetarian festival, Thailand. Believers temple at Bang Neow, participate in the parade of vegetarian festival on Phuket island in Thailand, stick a weapon in itself, in protest. Chinese immigrants gave rise to this Continue reading
Festival of author’s song of a name of Valery Grushin Late spring in Chelyabinsk calendar of arts was awarded three sounded quite bright and large-scale festivals — is the regional festival “Theatre spring”, which summarized the results of two creative seasons 12 theaters in the area, “Theatrical experiences-98” is held for the fifth time “Dummy” international laboratory of experimental theatre, and star kaleidoscope-98″ — the second international festival of children’s music. In June, the festival stage will be replaced literally open for all meadows and fields. Two well-known festival go on summer space, inviting in your circle now folk artists, Amateur artists, performers of art song — Ilmen and Bazhov.
“Will swing the dome of the sky. ”
– for the 25th time this year Ilmensky festival turns 25 years old. The predictions that the previous (officially the 21st, there were three underground) will be the last, thank God, not destined to come true. With great difficulty, to Express discontent and nominating severe conditions (after all, again, more than 10 thousand (!) people will have three Continue reading
Oddly enough, but February is the most festive month of the year. The thing is that this month, around the world are the most memorable carnivals, during which you can see colorful parades, plenty of food and all kinds of fun. There are many theories concerning the origin of the carnival. Some believe that the word «the carnival» comes from the Latin expression «carne vale», which means «farewell to meat», meaning the last days when one could eat meat before Lent. Others believe that celebrating ward off evil spirits and are a way to say goodbye to winter and welcome spring. Around the world spend hundreds of carnivals, among which are the most memorable and colorful: 1. Carnival Rio, Brazil (17-22 February)
The Rio carnival is a kind of yardstick with which to measure all other carnivals. It is also one of the most celebrated artistic events in the world. Slightly more than half a million tourists come every year «the capital of all carnivals in the world» to watch the greatest Orgy of all times and peoples. The carnival begins with the crowning of king Momo, who passed a huge silver and gold keys to the city. Then begin the celebration across the country on all the streets, Continue reading