Today we will look at the list of the most interesting and unusual holidays and festivals in the world. In this collection were very interested in holidays, which you can see below. Look!
1. Competition in the highlands of Scotland. Party games, dressed in a traditional Scottish kilt, will compete in the hammer throw, in the contest which is held in Glenfinnan. Traditional Scottish games consist of competitions, dances, food and drinks to relax from everyday work. (Jin Richardson).
2. Beltane Fire Festival, Scotland. “The Celts” with bare torsos raise the torches during the Festival of Beltane fire near Carlton hill in Edinburgh. These annual festivities are a modern revival of the ancient Celtic celebration of the arrival of summer. (Jim Richardson).
3. Holiday naked men. Hadaka Matsuri (literally, the feast of naked men) in Okayama, Japan, is a traditional festival which has been celebrated for 1200 years. Picture was taken in winter, the temperature is about 9 degrees. Men dive into the icy water, passing the rite of purification. (Paul Whitton / My Shot).
4. Vegetarian festival, Thailand. Believers temple at Bang Neow, participate in the parade of vegetarian festival on Phuket island in Thailand, stick a weapon in itself, in protest. Chinese immigrants gave rise to this Continue reading
After a long winter and a cold March in a hurry to plunge into the heat of the coming summer. Welcome to the Crimea in may – the first hot days, light tan by the sea and good mood. The energy boost will last until summer vacation!
May holidays in the Crimea is a real gate in the summer. Still no sweltering heat, but fans of sunbathing will not be disappointed, the air can warm up to 25 degrees .
Sea in early may, as a rule, still cool. But the water in the marine hotel pools are heated and you can swim in plenty. You are waiting for summer-green parks, elegant promenades, Crimean wine in cafés with outdoor terraces.
The last month of spring – is the ideal time to visit the Crimean sights . On the territory parks and palaces still no large groups of tourists, in zoos and gardens – there are no queues at the box office. Choose a tour according to your taste and enjoy the beauty of the Peninsula.
This year, the celebration of Orthodox Easter falls on may 5. In Crimea, many temples and monasteries, many with thousands of years of history. We recommend you to decide in advance exactly where you would like to spend Easter.
Planet Crimea recommends related articles:
Traditionally, in early Continue reading
Festival of author’s song of a name of Valery Grushin Late spring in Chelyabinsk calendar of arts was awarded three sounded quite bright and large-scale festivals — is the regional festival “Theatre spring”, which summarized the results of two creative seasons 12 theaters in the area, “Theatrical experiences-98” is held for the fifth time “Dummy” international laboratory of experimental theatre, and star kaleidoscope-98″ — the second international festival of children’s music. In June, the festival stage will be replaced literally open for all meadows and fields. Two well-known festival go on summer space, inviting in your circle now folk artists, Amateur artists, performers of art song — Ilmen and Bazhov.
“Will swing the dome of the sky. ”
– for the 25th time this year Ilmensky festival turns 25 years old. The predictions that the previous (officially the 21st, there were three underground) will be the last, thank God, not destined to come true. With great difficulty, to Express discontent and nominating severe conditions (after all, again, more than 10 thousand (!) people will have three Continue reading