Today we will look at the list of the most interesting and unusual holidays and festivals in the world. In this collection were very interested in holidays, which you can see below. Look!
1. Competition in the highlands of Scotland. Party games, dressed in a traditional Scottish kilt, will compete in the hammer throw, in the contest which is held in Glenfinnan. Traditional Scottish games consist of competitions, dances, food and drinks to relax from everyday work. (Jin Richardson).
2. Beltane Fire Festival, Scotland. “The Celts” with bare torsos raise the torches during the Festival of Beltane fire near Carlton hill in Edinburgh. These annual festivities are a modern revival of the ancient Celtic celebration of the arrival of summer. (Jim Richardson).
3. Holiday naked men. Hadaka Matsuri (literally, the feast of naked men) in Okayama, Japan, is a traditional festival which has been celebrated for 1200 years. Picture was taken in winter, the temperature is about 9 degrees. Men dive into the icy water, passing the rite of purification. (Paul Whitton / My Shot).
4. Vegetarian festival, Thailand. Believers temple at Bang Neow, participate in the parade of vegetarian festival on Phuket island in Thailand, stick a weapon in itself, in protest. Chinese immigrants gave rise to this Continue reading
In the last days of the outgoing year Topgood decided to take stock and remember the most important and bright events in Sumy . The year 2013 was presented to the residents of Sumy many surprises. Let’s remember how it was.
Social life Soums in 2013 was particularly active. The townspeople finally plucked up the courage to talk about their grievances publicly. So, in April, unknown activists circled holes on roads of the regional center of the glowing paint and added the words “Minaev pit”, “Minaev Gene”, “Minaeva field.” And in October of that graffiti appeared near the house of the mayor. There is depicted the traces of a dragon labeled “3 RS”. Thus, the activists were protesting against the rise in price of travel in the bus.
If Sumy artists wished to stay unknown, members of the public organization “Student brotherhood of Sumy region” expressed their protest openly. Citizens has stirred up a series of billboards with scandalous label “Sumi — Misto Beadle, Beadle fashionable bootie”, “Vono mid us.”
In March the citizens of Sumy had to meet face to face with the elements. During long days in the city was overtaken by the March winter . and in the summer at the regional center struck a series of hurricanes. Sumy, however, came from the battle with natural forces with minimal losses.
Especially Continue reading
Going on vacation in this vibrant and exotic country like Thailand, of course I want to get on some local festival and join the walkers. Of course positive emotions and unforgettable impressions are guaranteed.
Here are some of the regular festivals and celebrations held in Phuket:
4. Phuket gay festival
5. Thao Thep Krasatri-Thao Sri Suntorn Festival – festival
Place: monument sisters-heroines
Held on 13 March yearly in memory of the two heroines who led the defense of the island against the Burmese invaders in 1785.
6. Holiday release turtles
When: April 13
Place: the sea turtle Center of the Kingdom of Thailand
Is held on Songkran, the Thai national water festival, on April 13. It is also a Day of national fisherman.
Songkran – Thai New year. The word “Songkran” is derived from the Sanskrit word meaning “transition” or “movement”. The measurement of the movement of the sun through the twelve astrological signs, beginning with Aries, then Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn. Aquarius, Pisces, and each character took about 30 days. This is the year when the sun passes through all the signs. The calendar used in India and Southeast Asia, which were influenced by India, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, etc. on may 13th, Continue reading