Today we will look at the list of the most interesting and unusual holidays and festivals in the world. In this collection were very interested in holidays, which you can see below. Look!
1. Competition in the highlands of Scotland. Party games, dressed in a traditional Scottish kilt, will compete in the hammer throw, in the contest which is held in Glenfinnan. Traditional Scottish games consist of competitions, dances, food and drinks to relax from everyday work. (Jin Richardson).
2. Beltane Fire Festival, Scotland. “The Celts” with bare torsos raise the torches during the Festival of Beltane fire near Carlton hill in Edinburgh. These annual festivities are a modern revival of the ancient Celtic celebration of the arrival of summer. (Jim Richardson).
3. Holiday naked men. Hadaka Matsuri (literally, the feast of naked men) in Okayama, Japan, is a traditional festival which has been celebrated for 1200 years. Picture was taken in winter, the temperature is about 9 degrees. Men dive into the icy water, passing the rite of purification. (Paul Whitton / My Shot).
4. Vegetarian festival, Thailand. Believers temple at Bang Neow, participate in the parade of vegetarian festival on Phuket island in Thailand, stick a weapon in itself, in protest. Chinese immigrants gave rise to this Continue reading
Oddly enough, but February is the most festive month of the year. The thing is that this month, around the world are the most memorable carnivals, during which you can see colorful parades, plenty of food and all kinds of fun. There are many theories concerning the origin of the carnival. Some believe that the word «the carnival» comes from the Latin expression «carne vale», which means «farewell to meat», meaning the last days when one could eat meat before Lent. Others believe that celebrating ward off evil spirits and are a way to say goodbye to winter and welcome spring. Around the world spend hundreds of carnivals, among which are the most memorable and colorful: 1. Carnival Rio, Brazil (17-22 February)
The Rio carnival is a kind of yardstick with which to measure all other carnivals. It is also one of the most celebrated artistic events in the world. Slightly more than half a million tourists come every year «the capital of all carnivals in the world» to watch the greatest Orgy of all times and peoples. The carnival begins with the crowning of king Momo, who passed a huge silver and gold keys to the city. Then begin the celebration across the country on all the streets, Continue reading
Barely become green foliage on drivah and the bees will Wake up from its winter sleep, as extensibility threw open the window and hearts to another wonderful and eventful summer, marked by a variety of outdoor concerts and noisy summer festivals. Look lower than it might please you Estonia at its resorts this summer, and choose those activities that suit your needs.
1-4 July 2015, Tallinn
At the largest beer festival in Estonia for decades performed with many legendary international stars, this year among the performers in the Placebo group and The Cardigans.
õllesummer is a summer festival for you if you.
1. get pleasure from a good mug of beer
2. feel in the crowd, like a fish in water
3. prefer to stay in the city
2-5 July, island of Muhu
Juu Jääb is a stylish festival in a relaxed setting, which takes place on the island of Muhu, which is famous for its traditional culture and prestigious hotels and restaurants. The festival presents a wide range of world music, with a slight bias in jazz, funk and soul. Continue reading