Today we will look at the list of the most interesting and unusual holidays and festivals in the world. In this collection were very interested in holidays, which you can see below. Look!
1. Competition in the highlands of Scotland. Party games, dressed in a traditional Scottish kilt, will compete in the hammer throw, in the contest which is held in Glenfinnan. Traditional Scottish games consist of competitions, dances, food and drinks to relax from everyday work. (Jin Richardson).
2. Beltane Fire Festival, Scotland. “The Celts” with bare torsos raise the torches during the Festival of Beltane fire near Carlton hill in Edinburgh. These annual festivities are a modern revival of the ancient Celtic celebration of the arrival of summer. (Jim Richardson).
3. Holiday naked men. Hadaka Matsuri (literally, the feast of naked men) in Okayama, Japan, is a traditional festival which has been celebrated for 1200 years. Picture was taken in winter, the temperature is about 9 degrees. Men dive into the icy water, passing the rite of purification. (Paul Whitton / My Shot).
4. Vegetarian festival, Thailand. Believers temple at Bang Neow, participate in the parade of vegetarian festival on Phuket island in Thailand, stick a weapon in itself, in protest. Chinese immigrants gave rise to this Continue reading
Festival of author’s song of a name of Valery Grushin Late spring in Chelyabinsk calendar of arts was awarded three sounded quite bright and large-scale festivals — is the regional festival “Theatre spring”, which summarized the results of two creative seasons 12 theaters in the area, “Theatrical experiences-98” is held for the fifth time “Dummy” international laboratory of experimental theatre, and star kaleidoscope-98″ — the second international festival of children’s music. In June, the festival stage will be replaced literally open for all meadows and fields. Two well-known festival go on summer space, inviting in your circle now folk artists, Amateur artists, performers of art song — Ilmen and Bazhov.
“Will swing the dome of the sky. ”
– for the 25th time this year Ilmensky festival turns 25 years old. The predictions that the previous (officially the 21st, there were three underground) will be the last, thank God, not destined to come true. With great difficulty, to Express discontent and nominating severe conditions (after all, again, more than 10 thousand (!) people will have three Continue reading
Large stadiums, representing a beautiful architectural solution is a person, the national pride of the country and not only the venue of the sporting event. I represent to your attention the most ambitious, original, expensive and beautiful stadiums around the world.
Top 5 most expensive stadiums in the world
1. The most expensive stadium in the world recognized as MetLife Stadium . located in new Jersey, USA. The construction of the stadium, opened in April 2010, was spent 1.6 billion dollars. Recently in the annual ranking of the highest-grossing stadiums in the world, the MetLife stadium became the highest grossing in the U.S. and third worldwide. For the construction of MetLife Stadium in equal shares allocated money clubs “new York Giants” and “new York jets”, are available for home matches. The color of the interior light depends on which teams are playing. Also MetLife stadium, which can accommodate 82566 viewers is the most capacious in the NFL. At MetLife Stadium hosts international football matches and concerts.
2. The construction of Wembley stadium . also known as the New Wembley and located in London, at a cost of $ 1.5 billion. It was built on the site of the old Wembley stadium in 2007. Wembley ranks first in terms of capacity in the UK and second in Europe Continue reading